Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Comcast HDTV

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    A buddie of mine gets ESPN HD for free, he just did a channel seach and his TV located it. He doesn't even have a digital cable box in his room.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Comcast has a lot of their channels un-encoded. If you have an integrated QAM tuner on your set, you should be able to get quite a few of their digital channels for free.

    Before I switched to Dish, I was getting about 25 digital channels.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    [ QUOTE ]
    You'll need a different receiver than their standard digital receiver to utilize HD signals.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] not if your tv already has the intergrated tuner as you've stated [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] and that is awesome [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    just choose directv. more HD channels and reasonable prices.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    [ QUOTE ]
    just choose directv. more HD channels and reasonable prices.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    I already tried to sign up for DISH but too many trees and no line of sight to the satelite.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    If is was a close call on the line of sight with DISH then call DirecTV because if I am not mistaking their dish shoots just a tad higher than DISH and that might clear the trees for ya. But, if it wasn't even close then don't even try it.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Sat_morning_QB's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2002
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    Had the Comcast Box for a onth now and HD channels have went from 5 to 10 with 4 being the locals I never got that with the Satellite. Plus there supposed to add the movie channels in HD in the coming weeks that's another 5 or so there. I've had 3 guys at work drop their Satellite, because of double billing, etc with Comcast and theyoffer you a better deal if you get the Internet.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    doesn't wise county now have comcast? i believe they bought out adelphia.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    [ QUOTE ]
    doesn't wise county now have comcast? i believe they bought out adelphia.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    That's correct. And for those with the internet package, all Adelphia email addresses are now being converted to Comcast addresses.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Comcast HDTV

    [ QUOTE ]
    doesn't wise county now have comcast? i believe they bought out adelphia.

    [/ QUOTE ]We have some folks that work in the courthouse . See if you can find out if the County isn't footing the bill to change the poles that don't have enough clearance. Could be I'm wrong. But that looks like an awful lot of taxpayer money if I'm not. More so since it isn't available in all parts of the county.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •